The Cosmic Utensil

Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music.
Music is THE BEST...

Monday, March 29, 2010

Experience is what you get when life doesn’t turn out like you planned. As adages go, this one seems to “hit the nail on the head.” We can plan all we want, but often, life gets in the way of that planning, so perhaps more than planning, it is better to learn to be resilient and to learn to adapt.
When I was younger, right out of the Army and in a University, there were things that I wanted to do. Some I accomplished right away and some of them got shelved to collect dust like older, less popular books. As time crept on, my “library card” dropped further back into my wallet, and some of those old books seemed like they would never be read.
Thankfully, a few years ago I was cleaning out that wallet and came face to face with that old card. It reminded me of some of those old books that I had yet to read. I am truly better off for both rediscovering that card and dusting off some of the old classics. And concerning experience, who would have ever thought that I would find one of the best books I have ever read in the Library of the World, under the section Korea: .09-10. It is truly amazing, and I am now trying to read everything I can by the author.

No comments: